Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Peony Painting Beginnings

Drawn and started painting, I still will change it perhaps adding a hummingbird.

Sadie,playing in the snow.
HI, Well we got snow night before last. About 4 inches,not too bad really but I'm ready for daffodils and yes I have 3 crocus blooming. For me I'm always so tickled there is a flower growing in the yard!!
This was before the snow. The crocus are now covered.

  I've started a new painting. Finally decided on peonies, you can see it above. I'm going to add something,either a bird or a butterfly to the top right. I love these colors. Cadmium Yellow Deep,Red Rose Deep,Opera.. We're having another Spring Show at Red Queen Gallery for the ESAL(Eastern Shore Art League), 2 pieces per member and they must be never before seen.. translation never before seen which means 2 brand new watercolors for me.With the snow it is a perfect day to paint.

 Sadie,our dear not a puppy anymore, is napping now at my feet. She's been out chasing birds away from my snow day bird cake. Yesterday I made a cake for the birds(just a stale box mix) --I seem to never have birdseed.. so they get all kinds of goodies like peanut butter sandwiches or leftover cereal..  Sadie had a taste of the cake and decided she would have the rest but it's high up the tree in the bird feeder.(I hope)  The colors of the female cardinal inspired this painting and I may add one to the painting I'll see. She has been hanging around today,so have Juncos,Titmice,Chickadees and other Cardinals.

I hope you are warm and cozy today -- what have you been doing??. love to you,Diana 

5 comments:

  1. Whew, my heart skipped a beat when I read ahead/misread your description of Sadie as being no more instead of the "not a puppy anymore".
    Yay for crocus! Your daffodil painting is lovely, perfect subject for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your daffodils. Mine are not open yet and I don't blame them. Snow, rain and high winds, I'd not open up either. Sadie has certainly grown. What a sweet dog. I hope she is staying out of the road now. I have 12 days now before I can pick up my boys. Can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was the start of a giraffe painting from my thumbnail photo on my blog. The flower looks beautifully drawn and I look forward to seeing this completed. No flowers or budding of any kind going on yet here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Diana - this looks like another gorgeous painting waiting to happen. You got the snow that we were suppose to have - sorry my friend this time it went south - had just an inch or two from up North...can't wait to see some signs of crocus in my yard - in the meantime I will enjoy them at your house. Take care and hold on tight - spring is almost here! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see this peony painting develop. And I **love** the daffodils: such pure vibrant yellows; delicate stems.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!