Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Peonies in Watercolor Continues

peonies, in progress,stopped now.. just deciding about adding a bud.

peonies before I worked on it today..

Thank Goodness, she's conked out for now!!
HI, here's my progress on the Peony watercolor. I've just looked up some bud photos and done a few sketches of them.. will go back to my art table and see what looks good in that space to the left under the top peony. I'm not so sure about a bird now. I'm liking the petally look.. but the stems.. I think green would kill the painting. What do you think..love to you,Diana

Ps. Sadie finally went to sleep.. She has come and got on my lap, sniffed the paintbrush and finally is relaxing. What a pose! Rudy,our sick kitty, is doing ok, eating well and sleeping in John's chair now. He is her favorite,which is fine.

4 comments:

  1. I agree about no bird with the peonies. A soft green leaf here and there with not many stems. Lovely work.
    Sadie needs a bigger bed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's unanimous - no bird, petals only.
    Glad to hear Rudy is happy an at ease. And Sadie looks hilarious!
    Thank you for your comment on the paper mache animals. You know, I haven't even thought about color yet - true to nature, or wild and wonderful???
    KathrynXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous painting this is, Diana! I love it and it is even more beautiful than I imagined.

    I have one cat and one dog who both sleep like this. They have no shame. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana - this is really becoming more beautiful. You certainly have me dreaming of spring with this painting. Wonder what Sadie is dreaming of in that pose?? Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!