Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Monday, March 10, 2014

Hellebore Art Class and Tropical Display of Orchids!

Here is my class on Saturday at Norfolk Botanical Garden.

I had a big class with 11, all busy here working on their Hellebores watercolor.

Tropical House was displaying orchids.. Oh Gosh I was overwhelmed..

orchids and palm trees.. amazing
HI, I had my class Saturday at Norfolk Botanical Garden. We painted Hellebores ( Lenten Roses) and Crocus. Two separate paintings. We did different washes as a warm up and I showed them how to draw and paint the two flowers and then painted.. We had some from the garden to go by,gorgeous. After class I usually come straight home as I"m wiped out, exhausted, and my back ,well as you know, isn't so great, however this time I went over to the Tropical House with Kathy,one of my students and she showed it to me. It was outstanding.. I was in heaven... such gorgeous orchids,palm trees, and begonias.. I took 48 photos.. wish I could have stayed longer but had to get home.

Now here it is Monday and I have to have a painting for the show on Saturday.  I haven't started it yet.. Will it be orchids or Hellebore? I can't decide.. ha ha.. Want to get started soon. I will .. sipping my coffee with Sadie,my dear lab, at my feet.. Love to each of you! Diana

3 comments:

  1. Great class!
    I'd go for both flowers. Happy painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a heavenly day! And such a beautiful painting! Yes, Spring is just around the corner... Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like you had a great class, Diana. It always feels good to get home though, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!