Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Aunt Lizzie's Method..sorta

HI, I've just put one leaf in and started supper. I propped it up so I could look at it while I dice the onions and peppers and make the chili. The leaf needs more yellow and I have to put some straight viridian green as that is one color she wants in it. I've been using Aunt Lizzie's method.. :) ( no she wasn't a painter--) This took place when Gran( J.'mother) came over to help me fold clothes many years ago. The kids were little.It was that long ago. We would pile the mountain of clean laundry onto the bed and she would stand on one side with me on the other and fold. Both of us were within easy reach of our coffee cups. Gran said Aunt Lizzie would fold a little then put those few away,then fold a little and ..well you get the picture. So I'm painting a little on this one then stopping and.. I still hope to finish by tomorrow.. well maybe.. Talk to you soon,Diana

6 comments:

  1. ok I'm watching ....
    so paint a little, stand away, lOL !
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Lizzie's method is working very, very well with your irises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to 'surprise' myself by walking into a room and gauging my reaction to a painting ... first responses always seem to work ... this is looking lovely and what a nice reflection on old times ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a lovely analogy :) ... beautiful format and composition esp for the tulips ... hope your show was a success diana .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI BJ,thank you dear friend,Thank you Kathryn, the leaves do look like iris leaves but they are spider tulips.Yes,Vicki, it helps me to look at the painting at a distance and the initial gut reaction..is so many times right!Thank you Jane, it was, not a lot of sales but a nice time. love to all and thanks so much,have a great weekend,Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!