Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More on Owl

HI, I've worked on the little owl some today.It needs a dark background and more dabbing on the chest feathers.I'm thinking about putting a fall background with oranges and browns in the darker colors.It's a Screech Owl. We have them in the backyard regularly. Their call is so eery. If you didn't know what it was it would give you goose bumps. Have you heard one??

 Just got an email from John Shire sending me Sarah Groshong's Apple Cranberry dish for Thanksgiving. I had it years ago at an ESAL(Eastern Shore Art League- Christmas Dinner.We used to have the dinners at members homes but we got too big for that. It was fun to see our artist friends decorations and visit together at different friends each year.

I'll go check on supper. Talk to you later. Did you paint today? Diana

6 comments:

  1. Your owl is wonderful! I'll keep checking back to watch your progress.
    Yes, I painted today, something I'll post hopefully tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look for the sound of the screech owl on the internet. I don't know if I've heard them before. He is looking magnificent and I think the autumn colors in the background would be brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this guy, beautiful color, and such soft detail Diana, can't wait to see him finished. I haven't painted yet, but will go start now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, this is turning into one very handsome owl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really impressive. About how many hours a day do you spend working on it?

    By the way, I had never heard a Screech Owl, so I listened to a few on YouTube. I can imagine how eerie they sound in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Carol, I love your rose chair. Ooh. it's so very sweet. I thought it was a photo of a real chair. :)Sherry,did I push it too far.??Thank you Maria, love to see what you are working on. Thank you Kathryn, Thanks, Jennifer, as many as I can. Today it's been maybe 2-3.But I hope to paint more later. So glad you heard the screech owl. It is eerie. take care everyone, love to you,Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!