Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Monday, May 2, 2011

Stage Door Opening and Hummer Wings in Motion




hi! The Stage Door Gallery is having an opening this Saturday at 6pm.,so today was exchange painting/artwork day. I took down 4 new paintings which will be in their opening. Anne Bois and Mary Ann Clarke are the featured artists this time.Anne is known for her soft acrylic paintings especially of people,and Mary Ann especially for her lovely masa and watercolor technique of flowers.

On my return trip, I took some new reference photos of Cape Charles, Nassawadox and Willis Wharf. Pictured is a lovely photo of a wonderful tiny garden at Rayfield's Pharmacy in Nassawadox. It always is so lovely and peaceful.

After I got home Daisy and I painted a very few minutes on the back porch, hoping for some hummingbirds to zoom by so I could see their wings in motion. The little ones were avoiding me! ha, when I came in there they are!!! I've painted the hummingbird wings wet in wet to capture the motion. I have put the watercolor on an easel so I can look at it tonight. Seeing it when I'm doing other things helps me see mistakes and get ideas for what to darken...-- of course this can lead me to take the painting and work on it when I should be fixing dinner...Talk to you soon,Diana

8 comments:

  1. I am loving this one! the details of your geranium petals are so clean and crisp and make your background and hummingbird appear so soft, and love the pot as well, definitely one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! Unique and delicate. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, as always beautiful, delicate and your work is always so refreshing.. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always stunned by your work....

    ( I hope you spotted the english translation on my blog or maybe it's bad english...I have a partially broken back and am in lots of pain, I'm in a revalidation centre now so blogging only now and than)

    love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little humming bird! Lovely work!
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hummingbird's wings really appear to be in motion. Another beautiful poured painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana, thanks for the advises!
    You know...possitive side-effect is that I discoverd blogging (knees elevated)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Maria, Sandra,Barbra Joan, Yvette, Ronelle, and Kathy, you are all sweet wishing you all a happy Mothers'Day. love,Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!