Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Monday, May 30, 2011

Painting Butterflies




HI, Well most of this weekend I've been painting little mini Eastern Shore landscapes..now today I've started a new painting of butterflies.It will be two Monarchs and a Tiger swallow tail with a vine. I will go out and pick some tomorrow.I know what I want-- the red/orange trumpet vine and I have one growing in the backyard. I'll have that coming down the other side of the painting,plus I need to tighten my butterfly drawings a bit. I'm looking forward to painting them although they take lots of time.. I hope to have this ready for the Red Queen Opening!

A sad note.. The Bear and Cub Coffee Shoppe closed on Saturday for good. It was a lovely place of warmth,good friendship and lovely coffee. I went by Saturday and had one last cup of Hog Island Coffee with them. I'll miss that wonderful place as I know so many will.

Hope you had a nice holiday weekend. talk to you soon,Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!