Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, May 6, 2011

Iris, Class, and Happy Mothers Day





hi,I had a small class today at The Bear and Cub Coffee Shoppe. We painted Gran's Iris, I went over to her house this morning early and broke some. They are so gorgeous and smell like cinnamon and spring!!For the class today, I went over different washes, composition briefly, painting flowers, drawing flowers, mixing colors, all in a morning class.It was busy and they did beautifully.

I came home and put my finishing touches on my hummingbird, using the iridescent watercolor on the hummer.

This is my paint box. My grandfather,Jack, was a carpenter and artist. He made it.It's a real treasure to me.I hope you all have a wonderful Mothers' Day. talk to you soon,Diana

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diana. I love the rich purple of your demo iris! I was so dejected mine had died without my ever getting to paint them, but this morning I noticed a new crop about to bloom: redemption!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH HA! Wonderful! I don't have any blooming we don't get enough sun here but I am glad you've got another shot at them. Hope to see them soon on your blog, Love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Love your pouring technique (I assume the backgrounds are poured). So soft and lovely.

    Interestingly enough, I have a good friend named Dianne Davis (with two "n"s and an e) who is also an artist, but she doesn't have a blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!