Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Checkerboard Cherries & Art Show Tomorrow




Hi, Today I have some framing to do but I'm putting it off until later.. ha ha.. I started a new little painting yesterday of cherries. I had to do errands and grocery shopping was one of them yesterday and found these gorgeous cherries. The hardest part of painting these was not eating them until I have them painted!! I painted on the porch yesterday. This morning I haven't gotten out there I'm still at my art table. It's going to be a gorgeous sunny day. First I drew my squares, then I drew my cherries with their shadows. I painted the cherries first and now am doing the grid.I will punch up the colors of the cherries if need be. I want them Bright! Tomorrow is the Art and Garden Show on 35367 Cove Lane, Belle Haven, Va. A small local show with food,music and local artists. I'll be there with my watercolors.. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and if you can come to the show!! Take care, Diana

3 comments:

  1. I just love the subjects you choose and the unique way in which you paint them :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh , don't I wish I could be there Diana,
    Have a blast and as for your cherries?
    I can only ditto what Sandra says. and they are wonderful.. hope they tasted as good as they look !!
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sandra, thank you! I love to find colorful things to paint at the grocery store! and thank you BJ. Wish you could have been there too. They were good! love, Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!