Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Zinnas To Paint and Roses to Chew


Sadie is worn out. We had some company this afternoon .Beth, which we both enjoyed.  Now Sadie is napping. The dear puppy dug most of my grandmother's rose bush up while we were on the porch drinking coffee. All we saw was dirt flying and yep.. that was it. I filled in the hole with extra dirt and hope it will be ok,it is a talisman rose that smells heavenly.. if not I've enjoyed it for a few years and now have an opportunity to learn how to grow a rose bush.. ( I've planted all the different branches she chewed off first... I told you we had a good time. :)  While she was napping I'm working on a little painting of zinnas and a hummingbird. I felt like doing detail although I'm so tired, so zinnas. What are you painting today?love to you,Diana

5 comments:

  1. The zinnias are pretty but I'm loving the perfect muddy paw prints! Sadie sounds like a handful, just like our dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's a gorgeous painting Diana! Sherlock loves digging - though so far only loose dirt and not grass! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, the zinnias are awesome! As for Miss Sadie's horticultural efforts, it sounds like you both deserve a nap after she's been to work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the rose bush but, the dirt flying makes me laugh.

    Beautiful painting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Diane - your post made me smile...that digging thing seems to go with puppyhood....I know it so well (LOL) Your zinnias and of course the hummingbird are so lovely. Hope you are resting up as Sadie is doing.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!