Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rhododendron Watercolor Changes



Hi,here's the rhododendron painting. It took a change. I added another blossom in the middle- on the side and did not like it so I put a large wash of dark black there and love it. The 3rd blossom took away the focus on the blossom at the bottom. It was too confusing. So Zap I put in the darkness. I was going to add a hummingbird but decided against it. It has enough going on. I do have to add another glaze/wash over the dark wash and maybe hit the rhododendrons with a little pink on the edges.

The piggy I framed and delivered and she loved it. I'm glad.

Of course here's Sadie, John brought her a chicken leg yummy last night. She adored it even hiding it and later taking it to bed (crate) with her at night.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I've started a small cow painting. Next Saturday is Art on The Farm at the Barrier Island Center, a lovely art show,flower booths and local wine. Yes we have 3 great wineries here on the shore... so I need to paint ,Talk to you soon, love to you,Diana .

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting Diana, Can't believe how Sadie is growing.. !
    I'm back in Washington State with my friend as of today.
    see you soon.. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your days always sound filled with joy, Diana. Love your paintings too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoy seeing this promising painting as you work on it ... And the puppy pictures are pretty great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana. The rhodies are coming along well - love the colors. My, you are BUSY at this time of year! Take a moment, and give Miss Sadie a hug for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pesky Rhododendrons, lol! But you have painted them SO beautifully Diana! Sadie looks so content with her chicken leg - she is adorable! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana - I too love the dark on the bottom - adds such a contrast to the pink and compliments it well. Wow is Sadie ever growing. Hope you have a great art show coming up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, thank you, I am going to finish it for Sat. I hope! Thanks Sandra you are so kind, How is Sherlock? Hi Kathryn I 'm tired.. I will give her a hug from you.Thank you Laura,so glad you are back.Thanks Sherry I'm still getting the hang of a little one around, delightful but as you know tons of work.!! :) BJ so glad you are posting about your trip and have a wonderful time dear friend, love to each of you,Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!