Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Painting on the Porch


HI, I painted on the back porch yesterday. It was so nice outside. Sadie played on the porch and around the yard. I'd paint a petal,see what she was doing, then another petal.. but it worked!! She finally gave up and napped and I got time to do a few petals! :)  I have finished the pig and will frame that today. I'll have to take a photo of that finished. The rhododendron, I'm using mine from the front yard to paint from now. It's so much smaller than that one over in Norfolk Botanical Garden,wish I had taken some photos instead of painting from life that Saturday,oh well.

I did find out how to root rhododendron a few years ago. Very simple,really, just take a branch pull it down to the ground,hold it on the dirt and put a brick or rock to hold it there. It will develop roots and next year you can cut it off from the main plant and transplant it where you would like. This works well for hydrangeas too.

 Hope you are getting to paint today.Tell me what you are painting.. Love to you,Diana

7 comments:

  1. Hello Diana,
    You have a wonderful space to paint with a nice companion by your side. Cute photo of Sadie. I'm always amazed how fast she's growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds like it was wonderful and look at what is developing! Nice work, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty already!
    A word of warning to you regarding Rhododendrons. They are highly toxic to dogs! Every part of the plant is dangerous, the leaves being the most poisonous part. I don't mean to alarm you, but we think it might be what made Sherlock so ill. We have nine Rhododendrons in our garden - most more than 15ft tall! And Sherlock loves chasing leaves around the garden. We didn't realise until I did some research and when I asked the vet he confirmed that it would have made him ill if he ate a leaf. But whilst a mammoth landscaping task might be a little drastic to remove them, if you don't have any Rhododendrons - I would think twice before planting any in your garden :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Diana. Sadie looks so very sweet in your photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Diana - what a wonderful way to spend a day. I always love the colors you choose for your art...so lovely. As for Sadie...she is really growing and becoming quite a companion. I am so very glad you have her friend. May God bless you with many more days such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, I can never keep rhodos or hydrangeas--both of which grow in everyone else's yards here--alive. My mother's rhodos are tremendous; I'll tell her about your technique.
    Your puppy is just too adorable. I want to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura, she is adorable and so sweet, Hi Debbie me too, thank you so very much, you are so dear. Thanks Kathryn!Thank you Sandra, I'm so glad you told me! I didn't know and as you know she eats everything,Thank you Sherry and thanks Maywyn she is.. so very fast. love to each of you,Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!