Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, May 10, 2013

Rhododendron Watercolor Beginnings and Wishing you A HAPPY MOTHER's Day!


Hi, I'm still working on the pig painting. I got a little time this am and some this afternoon too. I'm cleaning too. Thought you'd like to see a rhododendron I started in Norfolk the other day. I'll work on that more after the pig. The pig is a commission. I've missed painting while chasing my little pup. But she's brought a lot of joy,and if I grab my sketchbook as we head out the door I can sketch. I'll get in the rhythm of puppy/painting... I have to paint. Truly I'm in a bad mood if I don't and feel I've lost something. There's an emptiness inside me.So I'm wishing each of you a Happy Mother's Day. Love to each of you,Diana

Sadie Smiles: Here's Sadie asleep at Monelle's feet at an art lesson. Isn't she sweet? Monelle is too. :)
(something that made me smile today because of the puppy Sadie)

5 comments:

  1. Priceless! They do keep you busy. Poppy at 1 year 2 months is only just now settling in for long enough sessions for me to get some painting done. Ah, well, they are only babies for a little while.

    Happy Mother's Day
    Nanina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the rhodie painting finished. Rhodies were a big thing up in WA when I lived out there. I always love seeing Sadie and she is growing up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Happy mother's Day to you, Diana! And give Sadie a kiss on the nose for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am looking forward to your finished painting Diana!
    Sherlock was very ill yesterday and had to go to the emergency vets. We think he may have eaten something toxic on his walk! He began suddenly drooling uncontrollably, next came the vomiting... It was awful - SO scarey :0( We took him straight to the vet where he spent the night on a drip and being flushed through with charcoal. Thankfully he is now back to his bouncy self and we were able to pick him up this morning. We still have no idea what he ate. Maybe he licked a toad or something because we were walking near a lake... These little dogs are like eating machines aren't they? They chew everything! I'll be happier when he's less curious with his mouth. But anyway - phew! It's over now :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Diana - love the thought that you are out of sorts when you don't find time to paint...I am like that as well. Chasing puppy doesn't make it easy either but thank goodness puppyhood doesn't last forever. Already Shelby is settling down a bit...of course when she is quiet she may be chewing something she should not (LOL). Can't wait to see the Rhododendrum finished. Mine has not bloomed yet but the azaleas are. Take care and hope you had a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!