Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, August 31, 2012

Sunflower on Masa

Well, We are having phone problems.. a loud and I mean Very Loud buzzing in the phone. .. Not a big problem in the scheme of things.. but irritating as can be.. I was trying to download a couple of photos to the blog and called the phone co. to get this repaired. I had to explain it 3 times.. Fully.. exasperating. I just want to go back and paint.. I will..

Sure Hope you have a wonderful weekend, we will. Talk to you soon. Diana 
Wow.. It allowed me to put it on.. here is my new sunflower painted on masa..  What are you doing this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Diana, I have no idea what masa paper is, but whatever it is ,, it's beautiful.
    I have a hard enough time painting on watercolor paper. I don't venture any further than that... have a great weekend..
    I'm staying in and hopefull paint, I was so nervous last week with that storm coming up the Gulf that I couldn't concentrate,,
    I 've changed my room around that's always a good start.. to motivate me.. I send hugs..
    Barbra ,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me? I'm wondering how you kept your flower area free from background paint on the masa paper. I have some sheets I bought a while back and my first attempt was coming along great...until I tried to remove the friskit I had applied. Then the paper tore and the whole huge piece was lost. I love the sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Barbara, so glad you are ok, that helps me too to move the furniture around..You inspired me to clean off my art table.. that's much needed and helps me too. Hope you get some painting done. Masa is 90lb paper and I crumple it and wet it then glue it to the reg. watercolor paper. It takes about a day to dry.. then I can paint on it.sending you a hug too, Hi Sherrie, after it's dry I draw the flowers then just paint them.petal by petal, don't wet much at all. then after they dry do the background..hope that helps. love to you both,Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!