Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Experimenting with Wet in Wet and Slump

HI, This weekend I read most of Barbra Nechis book Watercolor with Heart. A great book,so inspiring so I started playing with wet and wet.Pictured above. Her's are so gorgeous. This was fun,but I'm not as loose a painter as she is,she also paints totally by her emotions and expressions which is wonderful. I know I learned from her work. I only buy an art book after I've looked through it and really like the work of the artist..

I finished my pear although I see a spot to touch up and I've got to sign it. I started with blue checkerboard but the pear faded away so I changed it to black and still.. so I added some blue and then darker blue around parts of the pear to pull it out.

I am in a slump. Know I want to paint but what.. What breaks you out of these..? take care,Diana

7 comments:

  1. Hi Diana. I completely empathize with you. I am in a bit of a slump, have been for a couple of weeks, too. Unfortunately, I have no magic solution. But I feel the need to do some heavy gardening and barn work - might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has those days....or weeks..or even months.....sluppyness is part of being artistic. What keeps me going it to just keep going! Simple as that....you'll have a lot of duds in between all the other masterpieces you'll pull off. Trust me.


    I love what you did with the pear....the layers of colour...the areas you worked through to bring it out again...they are PEARFECT to me!



    thanks for sharing.

    ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Play with color mixing, make charts, etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Diana we both already know all too well how that slumpiness gets it's foot in the door. (brain)
    I have brand new sheets of Arches, and here I sit.. but It always turns around,
    no your not alone... wait til that fire lights under your a** .. I've seen you do this before .. then you turn out one after anothr.
    hugs, BJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time and energy (having some of both) tend to be the only things that help me out of slumps. I don't get much done, therefore. Not funny but you have to laugh or you'd cry (not "you," but me). I love how this came out, Diana!

    Any word on your puppy yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana, boy do i know about the slumps.
    I have found though the best thing for me is to get out and about .. amongst nature and beauty and inspiration always comes after feeding the soul.
    Playing with animals, photography, enjoying looking at others' art ... all gives me a feelgood approach so I am more playful ... and then the ideas come.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Kathryn, I did follow your advise and did a little gardening,being outside helps. thank you.Thank you Creative Carmelina, you words helped,so glad you liked the pear!Thank you Carol, I'll do that.I know BJ you are right. If I can push you can too, get that paper dirty! Just teasing you!, I know Sherrie, I'm trying to push.. you try too,ok.. Puppy is supposed to come Friday, the owner said sooner. I'm checking my email all the time. I 'll let you know as soon as I do.. keep your fingers crossed.. Thanks Vicki for the great advice. I'm trying to push. love to each of you,Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!