Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Monday, October 3, 2011

Tweeking



Well I had the mushroom painting propped up so I could see it and it occurred to me I should give it more contrast and more plain space .. so I put in the thalo blue and a dash of sepia wash behind the tallest mushroom. Also I glazed a few of the mystery mushrooms throughout the painting,the suggested but not quite there mushrooms. Tell me what you think. I hope I didn't go too far.

There is a show Wed. and Friday of this week.actually two shows. So I decided to try to finish my painting today so I can frame tomorrow. It never works that way. I've started two little tiny paintings one of acorns-- you know me I've been gathering them for weeks.. put them in my pocket as I'm walking. The other painting is candy corn. I bought 2 tiny frames last week and thought how adorable..but more work!! The owl painting I've also got to finish.

So... I'll go fetch a cup of tea,it's cool here. We actually have the space heater on and Daisy is curled up in front of it next to me painting. take care, Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!