Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Emergency


I was all packed. The car loaded, had my coffee,ready to go and in the blink of an eye my day changed. A raccoon attacked Daisy,our lab on our back porch. She had him in her mouth shaking him. I bolted out the door with the only thing I could grab a flashlight, I threw it at the raccoon and then toppled my bike on him. He ran. Daisy and I ran. He got away but we immediately called Amy! She works for our vet and said come up for a booster of her rabies shot. Daisy's shots were up to date this is just an extra one. SO I had to cancel and not participate in Harvest Festival. J. unpacked the car, I heaved Daisy in and away we went. The health department just called and said that is what was necessary--the booster shot after a good record of rabies shots and she should have 0% chance of rabies..but we have to watch her for 45 days. WHAT a day. But Daisy is healthy and I do have another show on Saturday. I did this sketch of her in the backyard a few minutes ago. Just a quick one. take care. and get your animals their rabies shots.. talk to you soon,Diana
ps I wrote the little poems as I was sitting there( I'm not a writer but enjoy nature so much)

4 comments:

  1. So glad that she had her rabies shot, you are a good owner!! Glad she is ok, that must have been very, very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note Diana I had you both on my mind and so glad that it's alright... I would have been frantic. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, glad to read that Daisy is OK and that you were home to get her to the vet, even if it meant missing Harvestfest. You would surely have been more upset if you had not been there and the raccoon had attacked Daisy. And, as you said, there will be another show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Maria, yes it was very very scary!! Thanks BJ, I was so worried, but she is doing fine. Beatrice you are so right. I'm sorry to miss the show but I had to take her to the vet. take care, and thank you all for your concern and caring, Love, Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!