Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Sunday, October 9, 2011

New Texture Technique and Monarch !





HI! Yesterdays show was nice, sales were good,the sun shone and Monarchs drifted by. They are starting to migrate now. So I've got to paint one more. They are so magnificent. This is on 300lb Winsor Newton Cold press paper and first I draw my butterfly. For the monarch this sketch must include all the little dots and markings as I paint around the white. So he's three quarters drawn and I can't wait. I've got my water and am going to start on a wing!

I also wanted to show you a new technique I was reading about the other night.Here's how: Take gauze and wet a place on your watercolor paper then place the gauze down on this spot. Dab with paint and keep the gauze wet. Allow this to dry,peel off the gauze. It creates a web like texture to the paper. See the photo. I know this will be fun to use.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I have another show this upcoming weekend in Richmond,Va. Please if you are nearby come see me. It's Art Affair. More info in the upper right corner of the blog. Take care,Diana

ps The other photos are for my reference. I took at my parents home. Gorgeous Maple leaves and a lovely water view..and yes Daisy is doing fine, snoring now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diana, glad the show went well and your right back at it. Love the technique with the gauze, I did something like that with a piece of mesh.
    What I've been really wanting to understand and learn is the method for pouring ? the backgrounds, I've been reading and watching videos , but yours are the best ! BJ

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!