Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Trumpet Vine and Carolina Wren

Hi, the trumpet vine has finally started blooming in our backyard. I did get this piece yesterday on my walk just down the road a little. I didn't go far. I've strained something in my back and walked(ok-- hobbled) just a half a mile to stretch it. It helped a little.. but it will be better.-- The flower has so many colors in it, I used Cadmium Red, Permanent Rose, Cadmium Yellow Deep. I used Burnt Sienna, and Yellow Ochre to paint the caps.As you can see this is just the beginning of the painting!

This piece of vine has the seed pod on it and I thought it would be nice with a Carolina wren sitting on it. Those little rascals are so mischievous. They always make a nest in the back porch and once tried to make a nest in my husbands tennis shoe which was hanging on the clothesline.

We lost our air conditioning for a few days. They just repaired it! Feels good! The humidity is what makes it so hot here. Take care and stay cool, have some lovely iced tea with peppermint from your garden! talk to you soon,Diana

Next week is the end of my show at Red Queen Gallery in Onancock,Va. stop in this week or weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!I love orange and trumpet vines (I have one which has spread lush foliage all over the place, but produces few blooms--none yet this year!). The wren is a brilliant addition!
    And, once again, love your background!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!