Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Which One?


HI, Here is a little painting I did yesterday, the top one from looking out my window. I did it quickly and loosely and as you see got lots of bleeds and enjoyed it. Just trying to get the colors and feeling of fall. Today I decided to go back(the Bottom one) and do it again and tighten it up some.. Which do you like better?? I'm leaning to the new one although I do like the looseness. Talk to you soon. Enjoy all the beautiful Fall leaves and colors.. Diana

10 comments:

  1. I prefer the bottom one, but the first one is very "painterly".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the top one, loose and free! Both are beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watercolours are lovely. This time of the year is probably my favourite, such lovely colours in the leaves and berries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both are beautiful in different ways:) but still, I'd prefer the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the top one as it gives more of a blurry weather feel to it (kind of like the weather today!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first one. It really captures the spontaneity of your inspiration. The second one is lovely too but it appears more thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you Carol,Maria,Milly, Egle, Kim and Kathy, I think I'll wrap them both and put them in the bin.. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I do like the looseness of the first one .. I think I was trying to be too precise with the second. Sometimes I wonder if being quick and loose is better or being precise.. I guess it depends on the subject but so much it depends on how I feel at the moment. How about You>? take care, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diana, I thought I posted a comment the other day, but it somehow was "lost" in cyberspace - don't you hate when that happens! I also preferred the first painting for many of the reasons mentioned above including the spontaneous look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Dear Beatrice, I agree. take care, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Diana, I vote for the lovely first one! Nice work
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!