Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Falling Leaves


HI,well the dogs and I took a walk this morning. Yesterday it rained late and was windy so many of the gorgeous leaves have started to fall..They were falling while we walked and were so amazingly beautiful I picked up a good handful and started this little painting. The yellow leaves are ginko. They came from my parents yard but the others are sweet gum and I think hickory. I just wish I didn't have to stop to fix supper. I need to glaze them to increase the intensity of the colors and the leaves will start to shrivel up by tomorrow.. take care, talk to you soon, Diana

2 comments:

  1. Diana, these are just wonderful.. I recognized the ginko leaves they have always been a favorite of mine.. but I don't think I see them here in Florida.. Now the Sweet Gum we have .. Your painting is coming along nicely. I like the way you do glazes.. it is one of the techniques that I really am bad at.. and you know why.... the drying time.. I'm too impatient so I really admire people who can do this succesfully. Diana, thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog . . you never fail me.. and I appreciate it.. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, wondering how you will paint the background so as not to take away from the lovely leaves. I also love the ginkgo leaves, first saw these trees in college in New Hampshire, I was told they drop all of their leaves at one time. Is this true!?

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!