Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

New Camel

Me at my parents Christmas Party.

Camel Watercolor, this has a snakeskin imprint going through her face.
Hi I can not believe it is almost Christmas.  In a way I am relieved the shopping is almost over.  Now we can take more time to be with family and enjoy and remember the true meaning  of our Christmas.  I did get a call so my commission went across the bridge as it was meant to. I am so glad. Wishing you a blessed Christmas or holiday.  My love to each of you. Diana 

How did I do the snakeskin imprint?  Sadie,my lab,  found a snakeskin,  I poured or you could just wet then apply color, gently place the snakeskin down on the wet wash. There are 2 designs, the top of the snake  and the belly,choose before you place it, l chose the top for this one. I placed a rock to weigh it down and keep  it there. When the wash is dry remove the skin and rock and a gorgeous imprint is there! Hope  this helps!

6 comments:

  1. Great news the commission is finished!

    The snakeskin print will be interesting to see.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful painting Diana. Leave it to Sadie to find the perfect snake's skin for this experiment. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now sweet Sadie is an artist too.!!! have a wonderful holiday and do give Sadie a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only an artist would pick up a shed snakeskin and think: this could make a neat print! ha ha Love it! Have a very wonderful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rhonda,so true, ha ha.thank you Sharon. Debbie, a blesses Christmas to you and your family too.thank you Laura to you too! May check out the camels left cheek there is some of the imprint. Merry Christmas and love to each of you. Thank you dear friends. Love, Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!