Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Painting a Heron



Hi, two nights ago I couldn't sleep. I was up and wanted to sketch a little so I started this heron. Today I've started painting him. Here is the photo of the final sketch and what I've gotten painted so far. I've been enjoying him. The colors remind me of winter.

Speaking of which we are getting an icy rain now with promises of ice tonight.. a good day for hot coffee and the blasted coffee maker broke!!! Ah well, J. called and he bought a new one and will bring it home after work..I love strong coffee and don't know what I'd do without out it..

I'm getting ready for the Heritage Festival. The title of the show is "Treasures of the Eastern Shore", a heron definitely fits.

Stay warm and dry and have a lovely cup of coffee, talk to you soon,Diana

3 comments:

  1. OHHH! Diana, perfect and your not even finished!!!... I've been getting into (trying ) that pouring thing with watercolor.. not sure if thats what your doing but I love the look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of your heron. You have captured his essence. Now I'll go back to my afternoon cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Barbra Joan, Yes it is pouring. glad you like it., thank you Kathy, ah you have coffee you, lucky duck you! ha..

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!