Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Painting Daffodils


This morning I've been working on my new little daffodil painting. I've added some shadows and been working on the petals. Now I decided to put a dark green background behind the daffodils, I debated a thalo blue for fun but decided on the dark green. I use only one green(viridian) and mix it to make whatever green I like. For this I am using my viridian green and sepia and a touch of ultramarine blue. This makes a rich dark green... although I see I will have to glaze it again to get it darker. I want contrast, haha,afterward I will go in and darken some of the shadows on the flowers. Talk to you soon. Stay warm,it's cold here, Diana

4 comments:

  1. Diana, your post reminds me that spring is soon to come. It's always interesting to see painting in progress, thank you very much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love-e-e-e daffadils!! I can not wait to see the finished product. Being one of your biggest fans, I know it will be fantastic-c-c-c-c!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria, Kathy and Marty, I'm enjoying painting them. take care, Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!