Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, August 13, 2010

Iridescent Medium on Hummer



Hi, I just put the finishing touches on my new hummer. Today I bought a new hummingbird feeder and have put it up late this afternoon, already I have them zooming in and out of the porch. They are so amazing. I was watching them as I did the dishes tonight and knew I had to work on this little hummer painting. I use Winsor Newton Iridescent Watercolor Medium very lightly after I finish painting the bird , using a small amount with clear water I glaze the bird, also I used two iridescent powders, one of the powders varies as you look at it from yellow to green, the other varies from blue to an opalescent. Just very sparse because I want this to be transparent but still capture some of the amazing glitter as the real bird's feathers do. I had planned to put an oval mat on it but the rectangle fits this painting.. I will use a new one I just have some old mats to see how it looks. If I use the new mat to try it out-- I'll get it speckled with paint!!! talk to you soon, Diana-- oh I've included my painting buddies.. Daisy is snoring away, Dusty sleeps with her tongue out.. my dear girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!