Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, August 23, 2013

Blue Crab Watercolor Finished

HI, I finished the crab today. I wanted to keep as much pour as possible in the body but it was too light so I added the mixture of viridian green, burnt umber and cad. yellow medium (my version of Sap Green). I like to mix my colors, Do you?? Wishing you a happy weekend!! love to you,Diana

Ps. How do you like to eat crabs? I love soft crabs fried,crab cakes...This is the crab that we can catch here on the Eastern Shore. We used to go string crabbing --tie a chicken neck on a long string with a weight on it and throw it into the bay,sit on the dock near the line--our feet dangling off the dock, and hold the line until we felt the tiny tug.. Hollar(Yell loudly--even though the person is sitting right next to you!!) for someone to get the crab net and slowly pull it up as they dip the crab and place in a bucket to be steamed as soon as we had enough!! It was a delightful day, I still like to go string crabbing. Have you ever been??

3 comments:

  1. I do so hate the thought of killing things even to eat them. I do like crab legs though. I just can't be part of the process, I guess. Your painting came out beautifully and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crab is a beauty, Diana! That green mixture is beautiful.
    I've been a vegetarian for decades, so haven't tasted crab for almost 40 years. :)
    Kathryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Diana - I have never been string crabbing. Actually I think I have only seen crab stuffed in fish or in a seafood salad. Sounds to me like you are very familiar with these subjects. I love the facial expression that you painted on the crab too. What a delight for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!