Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Potato Masher Imprint in Watercolor and Zen Puppy

Hi, We've spent most of the day outside. It's warm and sunny, so nice! I took my paint out and sat on the steps and Sadie played as I painted a little. Working on this little blue cow. Remember the potato masher.. here is the imprint as her nose!! Ha ha.. I couldn't help it.. It just seemed to fit the cow.  I've still got so many to frame for the show but that's ok, and with Sadie,it seems it's do it at  nap time or never.(It's nap time now.) I have to watch her or she gets into things. I will tell you she is very Zen. Yes... really, :). We have a very large wind chime hanging from a pine tree in my flower garden, she heard it chime for the first time today, sat down and listened..ears perked up. Later she did the same.. it was adorable.

8 comments:

  1. Diana,
    I love the cow! The potato masher is perfect. The cow has puppy eyes.
    Sadie is as cute as every. It is going to be wonderful watching her grow up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever of you! That painting is off to a great start!
    Give that baby a kiss on the nose for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whimsy of the cow! Painting outside almost sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the cow! And I agree - somehow that potato masher imprint really does work, lol! Who knew?
    Sherlock is asleep under my chair right now. He's got a bit of a runny tum today - but he keeps pulling up roots from the garden, so I do hope none of them are harmful! I'm looking forward to when the chewing phase is over, in about a year - then I can stop worrying so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cow is a perfect combination of technique, color and your creativity.
    Your Zen puppy is too much for words.
    I can imagine the fun your having ( and some work) as every day is a new wonder for her.
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks BJ, wish you could hug her.. She's like a teddy bear that wiggles. :) So good to hear about Sherlock. Sadie eats everything and I'm constantly prying things out of her mouth! Two years.. oh my. ha ha. will we make it? ha ha.. Sherry, it is. I love hearing the birds and seeing the sunshine while I paint. Thanks Carol, I've darkened him some. Thank you Maywyn, she's a dear sweet puppy. love to each of you. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cow and the potato masher nose. LOL. Your puppy is precious and your story about the wind chimes is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Diana - great technique using a potato masher. This cow is the best!! I just keep smiling when I read about or see Sadie. She is adorable and I know what you mean they are so busy!! Shelby will be four months this week and she is into everything. I love it though because they will never be quite as cute as they are now...Thanks for visiting me too. Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!