Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Experimenting with watercolor.



HI! This is a Great Blue Heron sketch of his head. I was experimenting with my pouring and wanted to show you. The second photo is of the water applied to the paper with some color and I pressed plastic wrap on it and then took a tiny brush loaded with color and stuck underneath the plastic, which defined the lines more but leaves it wispy. I want to try this with clear water and the wrap and the sneaky tiny colored brush,to see what happens. I also put some gold metallic watercolor on it for fun.Taking it slow. But getting some ideas! Always Right!! Happy weekend, Talk to you soon,Diana

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful drawing, Diana. And, as you know, I always admire your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!