Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cardinal and Sketchbook Page



Hi, I've been working on my cardinal, I'll brighten his red some more with glazing but am trying to allow the background to show thru. I think this makes him more interesting.

I'm showing you one of my sketchbook pages. I love feeding the birds and squirrels and any needy critter, when it's cold and they can't find as much food. It's so funny to see the squirrels sitting in the pumpkin feeder swinging and eating peanut butter and raisin sandwiches.. Provides giggles and ideas! Thank you for all your lovely support!stay warm, Diana

5 comments:

  1. Diana gorgeous your cardinal. Beautiful.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardinal is looking great--I love the detail on his wing feathers, and his face is perfect. I like the background showing through too--you know I am a big fan of your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cardinal - we don't have them here in Western Australia but love to see your painting - wonderful sketch book

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's color is so much alike the seeds named cardinals cap..I wish I had squirrels here, what a joyful post ( see me smilig?)

    bye bye

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always...........lovely! We have several cardinals that visit our feeders. I would love to be able to just sit and look through your wonderful sketch books! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!