Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Two Sketches for Christmas Card Class




Hi Here are two sketches I've done to prepare for my class this Saturday.(at Norfolk Botanical Gardens--check out the right side for more info) One is a male cardinal with holly and the other is an ornament with sparkly tissue paper. I will be doing more. I want them to be able to create a card for them to take and have copies made for their Christmas cards or holiday cards.First I will have them sketch these themselves.Then paint them and I'd also like us to accomplish a few little paintings to be made into everyday notes or even just as little paintings. I couldn't find any Winsor and Newton Iridescent medium here on the shore so I bought some acrylic iridescent. I've tried it out and it seems much the same. Well, I guess I'd better go start supper for now. It's already dark outside. I know my nephew is hunting deer.I just saw him go into the forest. I saw 4 white tailed deer yesterday. They were amazing! I prefer to watch them not hunt them. take care,Diana

2 comments:

  1. This will be an interesting class Diana, and fun too! Have a wonderful weekend and let us know how it goes... BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to work on a holiday card this week too ... hoping to get a good cardinal (or maybe bluejay or chickadee) painting!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!