Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, November 4, 2011

Grey Day





This is a small painting I did this summer,plein aire.It's looser than I usually paint which I like. I'm working on something I can't show you now.

It's a grey day.Cold and damp.

Yesterday John Shire,my friend and a great photographer, and I went over and saw Guy Wilkins at the Hospital. It was across the bay.Here is a photo of part of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. We cross this to go to larger cities,the Eastern Shore is mostly small towns,fields for farming,farms, and little fishing villages. This bridge is 17 miles long and has 2 tunnels. It's beautiful,we cross Fisherman's Island. Anyway we went to see Guy. He's not doing very well. It's not good. However he did recognize both of us.I got to meet his family. It was a long drive and drive home but I'm glad we went.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.talk to you soon,Diana

1 comment:

  1. The painting is lovely, minimalistic, and yet perfectly expresses the mood :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!