Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rooster Watercolor with Rice Paper






HI, last night late I finished my little rooster watercolor. I used rice paper with a lovely gold thread thru it in patches on the watercolor paper. By tearing the rice paper and applying it with glue to my Arches paper this creates different textures to the painting. Here are 2 kinds of rice paper. I like the technique for something different sometimes.Yesterday I did a sketch of a frog as a demo and so I'm going work on him this afternoon.I'll go get my coffee and get busy! Well, talk to you soon, Diana

2 comments:

  1. The rice paper with the gold threads really works beautifully with the rooster. I am catching up on your work and see how busy you have been with more lovely work.
    Thank you for giving me the award, without a computer it has been difficult, it was nice of you to think of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely painting, I love roosters! I like the idea of using a bit of rice paper. What type of glue do you use for this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!