Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Monday, July 8, 2013

A New Color



HI, I am tickled. My flower garden is blooming.. always a gift to me! We have calla lilies, which I picked and painted with the hummingbird. I added a new color to my palette Opus in Da Vinci or Opera in WN. It's a vibrant,shocking pink so I had to add it to the hummer and lilies
 
 I've worked on the day lilies too and now can't decide wheither to put a hummingbird,yellow black eyed susans or a yellow lily in the painting. What do you think?

 Sadie is doing well.. she found a dead vole yesterday and was so very proud to carry it around the backyard. I took it from her(isn't it fun!) and on to the next adventure -- burying ice cubes.. ha ha..

 Pictured too are some Loblolly pine trees in our backyard.. Love to hear the soft whoosh as their needles sway in the wind, and smell the warm pine. Talk to you soon,Love,Diana

7 comments:

  1. Love the daylily painting, Diana! And that pink is gorgeous. As for Sadie, always an adventure happening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Those daylilies!! Just the way they are...no need to add. Oh I hope Poppy Seed doesn't get any ideas about burying ice cubes. She's muddy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is beautiful! How about a Bumble Bee?
    Sherlock found a dead mouse down by the Chickens last week, but he didn't pick it up - just bounced around, barking at it! He also did the same thing to a pine cone on my Mum's fire hearth yesterday, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the joy that always comes through your words, Diana. I vote for the black-eyed susans in with your lilies. I don't know why. The calla lilies are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the painting just as it is-and it's gorgeous! Both of them are. I love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Diana - what a beautiful color - I use opera in Holbein - it is a gorgeous color like yours. As always I think your art is so beautiful. As for Sadie - I think the ice cubes sound much better than taking the vole away from her (LOL) - loved the last picture too of the pines - have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!