Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Monday, February 27, 2012

Star Magnolia and Daffodils...



HI,my class Saturday at Norfolk Botanical Gardens was wonderful. I had 8 students.Chickadees,star magnolias of different varieties,lenten roses,were some of the subject matters we worked on. It was inspiring and so lovely. Even walking to the door there were lovely sweet flowering bushes..to inspire us. These are some of the flowers we had there. As you can see the star magnolia is fading fast but is so gorgeous. Works beautifully on thalo blue and burnt umber washes.. So I'm hoping to get some flower paintings begun. I've got the enthusiasm if I can get this cranky body to do it. Rested all yesterday. My back and head are much better today..take care.Today I slipped to Cape Charles,it's painting change day. A new show is going up. The March Madness Show in Stage Door Gallery. All art is priced under $100. I took 4 little watercolors! Talk to you soon, Diana

2 comments:

  1. I just love the Botanical Gardens. I need to make a trip there soon, Beautiful photos. I hope that you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers are a wonderful sight during winters gloomy grey days. I bet your class was lovely with the Different flowers. Enjoyed seeing your daffodil paintings.
    I bought some cowslips and primula today at the DIY shop,
    Hope you are feeling better, sorry to read you are still suffering. Take care of yourself. Best wishes millyx

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!