Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sick Doggies, A Rose, and An Egg



Hi,well we got up at 5am because of Daisy and Dusty(our 2 dogs). Both are still very ill, but after a very rocky night and morning finally they are sleeping and have had all their pills, fresh water and a tiny bit of food. I've called Doc again, he's the sweetest man, he continually helps them and gave me more pills for Dusty. Oh boy. Well they will be better tomorrow,(I"m trying to be positive,) I sure hope so!!

While I was on the phone I worked on the egg I showed you yesterday. I finished it here it is.. Silly looking I know but fun,and I'm so glad it's finished for the show. All the wooden eggs will be auctioned off during the festival to support the Chincoteague Easter Decoy and Art Festival next year.

I heard from the Red Queen Gallery in Onancock,Va. Their opening is next Saturday,Feb.19th from 6-8pm.Come! Exciting time, all new never before seen original art,each artist has only one piece so hope you can stop by and see mine!!The title of the show is "New Beginnings".They have moved to a larger new location!You may have had a glimpse of my original that will be there-- here on this blog!I can't tell you!You could check out the January blog entries!

This painting is my watercolor "Rose".It's hanging in my studio waiting to go to the next show. I painted this from 2 perfect roses I bought from the local florist in Nassawadox. I literally went thru all of their roses searching for the perfect one, came up with the large purchase of 2 roses.. Haha.. It took me only an hour and they were so kind to show me all of them! Have a great weekend, I'm going to go get some iced tea. take care, Diana

8 comments:

  1. Diana, your rose is beautiful.. and love that egg ...
    and as for Dusty and Daisy.. I'm hoping they feel better and soon too... I can't be worrying about everybodys' animals ...and I do.! take care .. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rose painting is breathtaking. Wow. Hoping Daisy and Dusty are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Barbra Joan, so glad you liked the rose and egg too.. and I know you love your animals like I do mine. I worry about others too! you know it! thank you Maria, I'm so glad you like it and thank you for the good wishes for Daisy and Dusty, I hope so, I love them dearly and want them well soon! thanks, love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL painting! Wow! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, I am so sorry that Daisy is sick again, and now Dusty. My prayers are with you and the lovelies. Love Your Friend, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandra, and thank you Marty,thanks for the prayers they are very sick, take care, and wishing you both a very happy Valentines!Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rose is stunning and I have enjoyed catching up with your other lovely work. I loved your moths, I too collect dead butterflies to draw, but ours are not as bright and colourful or as large as yours.
    Thank you for your kind comments, glad you look forward to my posts, and I hope I manage to keep up my project all year.
    millyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diana, just catching up and saddened to read about Daisy and Dusty's illnesses. Hope they are comfortable and feeling better. Grenville and I are planning to stop n at the Red Queen Gallery on Sat to check out their new digs, hopefully we will see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!