Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, December 17, 2010

Texture in Watercolor of Cyclamen




Hi,it snowed here. It is lovely and already melting off the road and trees. Here is a photo of my backyard with the snow, beautiful,isn't it!

With some family coming this weekend and more coming next week for Christmas I've decided to take some time and paint. Ha Ha.. I know I shouldn't but anyway.(My cookies are made-- yes you may stop by for some with a cup of coffee or tea.I know I still need to do more cleaning but--) Here is the beginning of my pink cyclamen watercolor. I bought this flower last week and love the shape of the petals.. Look closely over the middle of the cyclamens in the painting.. do you see that texture..??? Can you guess what it is? I used a potato masher on the wet paint and left it there to dry. Watercolor is wonderful.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday, start celebrating immediately. Talk to you soon, Diana

2 comments:

  1. Diana, this watercolor is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is elegant. I can't wait to see it complete. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!