Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, December 3, 2010

Frozen Wash in Watercolor


hi, this painting is my white poinsettia. What is so different about this is in the bottom left hand side look closely and you will see ice crystals.. Yes, isn't that exciting. I did my wash, clear water then color and took the painting outside and left it on the table in my porch. The temperature was below 32 degrees F. that night. When I brought it in there were ice crystals where the wash had frozen, so very delicate, so very precious. Now it doesn't work all the time but when it does.. ah gorgeous. So this is my icy tip for you!! talk to you soon, Diana

5 comments:

  1. OMG Diana, what a gift that is !!! I can't believe that ! but I do !! perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool:) and beautiful delicate painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting already looks frozen with the marvelous colors. You come up with the most creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all, thanks you Maria, please try it. Barbra Joan it may not be cold enough there but do try and thanks Meera, It is cool! haha.. thank you Kathy too. love,Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!