Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Great BLue Heron Painting at Smiling Dolphin Open House Sat. noon-4pm!

Heron with Ginko Leaves, I'll have it framed this week.

 
HI, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, or weekend if you aren't from the USA. Clay, our son came home. It was so nice to see him. Laura, our daughter lives too far to come. We talked to her on the phone for awhile.

I've been painting this Great Blue Heron. I love Ginko leaves and they are all off the trees so I picked these up in my parents front yard the other day and have added them to my painting. The nursery across from my home has 3 rows of them and I always try to walk thru them when I get the chance. They are so beautiful. 

This week I have 2 classes, one at ESO in Belle Haven,Va. on the Eastern Shore and one at Norfolk Botanical Gardens. Two art shows, one at Stage Door Gallery in Cape Charles, and one at the Smiling Dolphin Christmas Open House both on Saturday. I'll have new work everywhere but Saturday I'll be at my class in Norfolk unless we don't have enough to sign up. The weekends do get so busy this time of year. But that is a blessing in itself. 

Love to each of you and peace this Christmas. Hope the bustle doesn't get us!! love,Diana

4 comments:

  1. Love the autumn feel to the poured colors in this gorgeous heron piece, Diana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Diane - I always enjoy seeing your latest work. Once again this looks like a winner. I have a Ginko tree near where I work and I think the leaves are lovely too. Hope you have some time for an "Ah Moment". It is so easy this time of the year to get caught up in all the festivities that we don't take time to just enjoy this beautiful season. Take care and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the way the poured paint frames the bird... very clever! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana this is a fantastic painting. I just love everthing about it. How is Sadie? My two pups are wide eyed and into Christmas decorating big time. It is so much fun to watch when they experience something new. Happy holidays to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!