Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Finished Peach Iris

HI!I've just finished my Peach Iris painting. I added some darker lines, to the iris, some shading where the petals were too sheer and darkened the stems a little too. I used the #6 round for most of it and the colors I used to make the peach were cadmium yellow deep and red rose deep, I then added a touch of this thindigo violet for shading but mostly used the mix with less water.  For my green I used viridian green plus cad. yellow deep and ultramarine blue sometimes. I threw in a little of the blue as the wash was wet.. I love that color in iris stems!! Now what to paint... oooh I've got my eye on a bull frog.. will be working on that after I get my kitchen cleaned up.. talk to you soon,Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!