Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Iridescent Medium on Hummer




HI, I've been working on some wet in wet backgrounds today. So I'm showing you a piece I had done, which is one of my favorites. I love the curve and composition of the pour and flowers and the way the female hummer is flying to enjoy them. The close up of her shows Winsor Newton Iridescent Medium. This I glazed on her after I had finished painting. I just use the cap of the bottle. Put a drop in it and wet an older tiny flat brush which doesn't hold much water and glaze it. The painting is hanging on my gallery wall and I thought you might enjoy seeing this clock by Gary Young, I bought years ago at an art show in Richmond,Va. It's wonderful,isn't it and the painting under it is an oil my daughter did when she was little. I love that too. Both stay on the wall while everything else changes..
Take care, talk to you soon,Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!