Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shells on Yupo


HI, today I spent getting ready for the show on Saturday.. the 17th Street Art Festival in Va. Beach,Va.I finished painting this painting of sea shells on yupo. Yupo paper is fun but definitely different. The paper doesn't absorb the paint like traditional watercolor paper does and it glides on and sometimes moves after painting.. until it's dry. I framed 6 paintings too.Framing is not my favorite thing to do-- I have 2 more to frame tomorrow and some art errands. We're going to pack the car after supper tomorrow night. I think it may storm tonight dear Dusty is very upset. Oh we had a 5 foot black snake in the porch yesterday.He didn't bother the dogs or cat. Take care, hope you can come to the show Saturday.. Did I mention the Dairy Queen is right next to the show and the cheesecake blizzards are fabulous. The artwork is fabulous too!!!. Talk soon,Diana

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, Diane. I love the colors you've used, esp. than green-blue. Have a wonderful time Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck for a successful show with your gorgeous paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Both, Laura the blue green is a mix of thalo blue and yellow ochre. I love thalo blue and use it all the time. I'm tired but finally got everything ready. We'll put the paintings in the car in the am because it's so hot.. J. wants to get up at 5.. good grief.. I made the coffee extra strong.. take care, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors you choose for this too. Very "beachy"!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!