Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Painting Dragons ,Tram ride with Friends




hi  eveyone.  Yesterday  I taught at Norfolk Botanical Garden.  They Are having a special exhibit, Lantern Asia, this display is made mostly of silk. We painted  dragons,elephants and butterflies from this. I demonstrated how to draw the dragons and elephants. It was fun and very different from our usual subjects.  After class 6 of us went on the tram ride around the display. We saw Cedar Waxwings eating holly berries, tulip trees, camellias as well as the wonderful dragon and Lantern Asia.
I was in the city so I took advantage of it and stopped into McDonald's Garden Center, wow, they were having an open house and so many people, dogs and flowers in one place. I loved on a yellow lab puppy there,naturally and then came home with orchids.. 2 for gifts, ok and one for me..they were gorgeous.   I needed some spring.

Today is our Craddockville Church Revival, I am making brownies. Soup,subs and then a beautiful service. Three nights... come.

Wishing everyone a beautiful Sunday, love to each of you. Diana 


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful Sunday to you, Diana!
    Your style of watercolors is perfect for dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Diana looks like such a good day. Those orchids are truly lovely. Have always wanted to grow one. May have to treat myself soon. Hope your revival goes well. I wish I could come. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!