Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, July 8, 2011

Playing with brushes...



Hi, well the show at Red Queen Gallery is over. I picked up my work yesterday, the gallery kept 10 originals. Great! including my new "Blue Bottles and Luna Moth"-I framed that yesterday morning.

Today I have played with some new brushes--( just swirled them in color and used scraps of paper.. and doodled..) that I got yesterday.They are a small set of sable brushes that were on sale for a great price.To me, sable brushes are the ultimate luxury, I love the way they glide across the paper. My favorite brush of all times is Cheap Joe's Magic Dragon 1/2 flat sable.

I've been cooking for a family time, today, I made 18 cups of chicken salad, 24 cups of pasta salad and 2 dozen brownies.. that may be why I've only played with my brushes.. ha ha... take care and talk to you soon, here is a photo of My "Day lily" painting at the Red Queen now. The lilies are gorgeous now, hope you get to enjoy some. Diana

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! It reminds me of some of Georgia O'Keefe's work :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!