Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Petals starting to fall-- Lilies


Hi, I'm working on a new lily painting. I need to work quickly.The petals are falling! Although I do have photos to use, if I can I prefer to work from life in flowers.. anyway-- I may put another lily in the bottom,-- I'll see how it goes.. I wanted to paint a watercolor with a few of the beautiful lilies from my friends yard. Some of my lilies are blooming now, I planted a bushel basket of orange daylilies on the ditch bank 20 years ago and they are so graceful and beautiful, They are blooming now.So here is the beginning of this new lily painting. Soon the Sterretts Daylily Garden here on the Eastern Shore will be open. They have an acre and a half of gorgeous daylilies-- yes they sell them . Talk soon, Diana Oh yes, I'm so excited, I've got a new brush coming!! Should get it this week.

2 comments:

  1. I sympathize. I have a huge bunch of lilies outside my door that are passing their prime--and I haven't painted a-one! This looks like a good start; very pretty orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I'm down to my last flower in the painting and was turning it to get the best view the lovely thing crumbled in my hand. I've kept the petals to finish it with. Hope to finish it today. thank you Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!