Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Sunflowers in Watercolor


Hi Everyone,  I painted this little sunflower by putting a line of red rose pink, crossed a line of thalo blue and then a line of yellow light. Drawing a bud of a sunflower and painting it with the colors where they were. It was fun. Saturday I teach at Norfolk Botanical Garden. Sunflowers. I planted 4 packs of sunflowers John cut 2 packs down mowing haha so I planted more. NBG is going to get me some flowers as well as one from my niece, and a few from my yard.Good night ,love to you, Diana 


3 comments:

  1. Dear Diana - beautiful sunflower painting. What a great idea to use those three colors in lines and then paint in the bud. Looks like you are having a good summer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful idea-and the painting is lovely. I tried planting sunflowers-the chipmunks ate them all.:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely paintings, and the new banner hollyhocks

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!