Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Diana M. Davis Watercolor

Friday, June 17, 2011

Luna Moth Added to Bottles


hi! I've added a luna moth to the bottle painting. I love blues and greens together. On my walks I find one or two of these gorgeous moths each summer. They are so amazing. Pale green, almost transparent wings with a fuzzy white body.. I've straightened my bottles I've got to check that one on the side..

I like to start my day painting. How about you? I get up, get my coffee and sit down to my art table... It's so relaxing to have a paint brush in hand early...

Here is a photo of a daylily from my yard yesterday! It was the color of cantalope! wow.. I took photos but was so tempted to just sit down and paint. But we have some family coming this weekend and I'd better straighten the house up a little! Today it's scrunched up -- the flowers only last a day.. but there's a bud coming!

Hope you have a great weekend,relaxing and peaceful. talk to you soon,Diana

If you get a chance stop by my show at the Red Queen Gallery!

3 comments:

  1. Diana, I love the bottles. The colors are fantastic....I have a thing for blues and greens right now. I'll be following along to watch for more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Diana! And I love the addition of the Luna Moth. Good luck with your show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting of the bottles and your luna moth is the perfect accent, I am trying this summer to wake earlier, before kids are up, make my coffee and paint first thing (I guess that is second thing...after the coffee!?), it is very peaceful...chores later!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I enjoy them so much!